Re: Decoding of two-phase xacts missing from CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT command

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Decoding of two-phase xacts missing from CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2021-06-11 at 15:43 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> The new patches look mostly good apart from the below cosmetic
> issues.
> I think the question is whether we want to do these for PG-14 or
> postpone them till PG-15. I think these don't appear to be risky
> changes so we can get them in PG-14 as that might help some outside
> core solutions as appears to be the case for Jeff.

My main interest here is that I'm working on replication protocol
support in a rust library. While doing that, I've encountered a lot of
rough edges (as you may have seen in my recent posts), and this patch
fixes one of them.

But at the same time, several small changes to the protocol spread
across several releases introduces more opportunity for confusion.

If we are confident this is the right direction, then v14 makes sense
for consistency. But if waiting for v15 might result in a better
change, then we should probably just get it into the July CF for v15.

(My apologies if my opinion has drifted a bit since this thread began.)

Regards,
    Jeff Davis