Re: pgsql: Fix pattern matching logic for logs in TAP tests of pgbench

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix pattern matching logic for logs in TAP tests of pgbench
Дата
Re: pgsql: Fix pattern matching logic for logs in TAP tests of pgbench
Список pgsql-committers
On 6/24/21 9:53 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 09:36:53PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> That's not really an equivalent test. I'm taking a look
> Thanks!

There's a whole lot wrong with this code. To start with, why is that
unchecked eval there. And why is it reading in log files on its own
instead of using TestLib::slurp_file, which, among other things,
normalizes line endings? There's a very good chance that this latter is
the issue. It only affects msys which is why you didn't see an issue on
MSVC. And also, why does it carefully unlink the log files so that any
trace of what's gone wrong is deleted?

Based on the little I've seen this file needs a serious code review.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix pattern matching logic for logs in TAP tests of pgbench
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix pattern matching logic for logs in TAP tests of pgbench