Re: Creation of VIEWS not working....

От paul butler
Тема Re: Creation of VIEWS not working....
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Date sent:          Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:59:33 +0000 (GMT)
From:               Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@yahoo.com>
Subject:            [NOVICE] Creation of VIEWS not working....
To:                 pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Copies to:          pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
 CREATE VIEW SALES AS
 SELECT REPID, ORD.CUSTID, CUSTOMER.NAME,
PRODUCT.PRODID, CUSTNAME, PRODUCT.PRODID,
 DESCRIP PRODNAME, SUM(ITEMTOT) AMOUNT
 FROM ORD, ITEM, CUSTOMER, PRODUCT
 WHERE ORD.ORDID = ITEM.ORDID
 AND ORD.CUSTID = CUSTOMER.CUSTID
 AND ITEM.PRODID = PRODUCT.PRODID; <<-
extra colon here I think

 GROUP BY REPID, ORD.CUSTID, NAME, PRODUCT.PRODID,
DESCRIP;

Dear List,

This is my first post to the list, so forgive me if my
etiquette is not correct, or this question has been
answered before.

I'm trying to convert an Oracle SQL script to
postgresql. I have everything working in the script,
except for the last part -- the creation of views. I
get an error near the "CUSTNAME", and I don't know
why. Is the syntax incorrect? I haven't altered this
part yet. Thus it is the original code from the
SQL*PLUS oracle database, which works.

I have attached the file I'm trying to run. The Create
View statement is at the bottom. If anyone can help,
I'd appreciate it :-)

(SEE ATTACHED: emp.sql)

Many Thanks,

-- Thomas Adam