Read Uncommitted regression test coverage

От Mark Dilger
Тема Read Uncommitted regression test coverage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Over in [1], I became concerned that, although postgres supports
Read Uncommitted transaction isolation (by way of Read Committed
mode), there was very little test coverage for it:

On 12/18/19 10:46 AM, Mark Dilger wrote:
> Looking at the regression tests, I'm surprised read uncommitted gets
> so little test coverage. There's a test in src/test/isolation but
> nothing at all in src/test/regression covering this isolation level.
>
> The one in src/test/isolation doesn't look very comprehensive.  I'd
> at least expect a test that verifies you don't get a syntax error
> when you request READ UNCOMMITTED isolation from SQL.

The attached patch set adds a modicum of test coverage for this.
Do others feel these tests are worth the small run time overhead
they add?

--
Mark Dilger

[1]