Re: pg_upgrade from Postgresql-12 to Postgresql-13 fails with "Creating dump of database schemas postgres *failure*"

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: pg_upgrade from Postgresql-12 to Postgresql-13 fails with "Creating dump of database schemas postgres *failure*"
Дата
Ответ на pg_upgrade from Postgresql-12 to Postgresql-13 fails with "Creating dump of database schemas postgres *failure*"  ("Yoong S. Chow" <chowy1026@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: pg_upgrade from Postgresql-12 to Postgresql-13 fails with "Creating dump of database schemas postgres *failure*"  ("Yoong S. Chow" <chowy1026@gmail.com>)
Re: pg_upgrade from Postgresql-12 to Postgresql-13 fails with "Creating dump of database schemas postgres *failure*"  ("Yoong S. Chow" <chowy1026@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2022-02-18 at 13:17 +0800, Yoong S. Chow wrote:
> I was trying to perform `pg_upgrade` from Postgresql-12 to Postgresql-13
> (after being advised that upgrading from Postgresql-12 to Postgresql-14
> is biting off much more than I could chew... ).

That was bad advice.

> The `pg_upgrade --check` went through OK. But the actual `pg_upgrade`
> always get error at the step of Creating dump of database schemas for
> `postgres` database.

Buried in your logs I find

  free(): invalid pointer

Perhaps you have found a PostgreSQL bug.  Then it would be gread if you
could provide a reproducer.

But perhaps there is an extension installed that causes that error?

Does a plain pg_dumpall succeed?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe