Issues cross-compiling libpq 14.x to MacOS armv8

От Vincas Dargis
Тема Issues cross-compiling libpq 14.x to MacOS armv8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi list,

I wanted to update [0] Conan package for building libpq 14.1. Usually it's enough to add new tarball and declare it's
hash, but it seems that since 14.0 cross-compiling to armv8 MacOS now fails, and I *guess* it's due to removed
`--disable-strong-random` option.

Here's some snippets from build log: [1]

```
Cross-build from 'Macos:x86_64' to 'Macos:armv8'
checking which random number source to use... /dev/urandom
checking for /dev/urandom... libpq/14.1:
libpq/14.1: WARN: Build folder is dirty, removing it:
/Users/jenkins/w/BuildSingleReference@2/.conan/data/libpq/14.1/_/_/build/30acef53c04f36d5f9412c84a1b3a7434a1f10fb
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-strong-random
configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
configure: error: cannot check for file existence when cross compiling
libpq/14.1: ERROR: Package '30acef53c04f36d5f9412c84a1b3a7434a1f10fb' build failed
```

Could this mean that building on armv8 Macos cannot work with "strong random", or at least in the way PostgreSQL
configure script expect that to be detected to work?

Thanks!

P.S. there was earlier attempt by another contributor to update Conan package to 14.0, which also failed in the same
manner [2].

[0] https://github.com/conan-io/conan-center-index/pull/8109
[1]

https://c3i.jfrog.io/c3i/misc/logs/pr/8109/2-configs/macos-m1-clang/libpq/14.1//30acef53c04f36d5f9412c84a1b3a7434a1f10fb-build.txt