Re: Comparison of Oracle and PostgreSQL full text search

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: Comparison of Oracle and PostgreSQL full text search
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    zhong ming wu wrote:

> I always thought there is a clause in their user agreement preventing
> the users from publishing benchmarks like that. I must be mistaken.

No you're correct. Currently, to download the current Oracle 11.2g, one must
agree to:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/licenses/standard-license-152015.html

which contains:
<quote>
[...]
You may not:
[...]
- disclose results of any program benchmark tests without our prior consent.
[...]
</quote>

Not having such frustrating license terms is also what makes PostgreSQL a
nicer alternative!

Best regards,
--
Daniel