Re: BUG #15587: Partitions with ALTER TABLE ADD CONSTRAINT

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: BUG #15587: Partitions with ALTER TABLE ADD CONSTRAINT
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2019/01/24 6:07, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hello
>
>> Are you be willing to try to fix that in HEAD if someone sends a patch? :)
>
> Well, we can discuss it in a new thread I suppose.

Sure, a new thread on -hackers.

> Do we need
> non-inheritable constraints for that case?  I think not, but maybe I'm
> wrong.

Defining non-inheritable constraints on *partitioned* parent tables is
disallowed because they would never be checked and so pointless.  I'm not
sure if we'd want to include the regular inheritance case (ALTER TABLE
child INHERIT new_parent) in this new development, but if we do, we'll
have to arrange to skip cloning parent's non-inheritable constraints.

Thanks,
Amit