Re: Help with SET TRANSACTION in a function

От otisg
Тема Re: Help with SET TRANSACTION in a function
Дата
Re: Help with SET TRANSACTION in a function  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
> From: Stephan Szabo
> On 28 Feb 2002, OtisUsenet wrote:
>
> I was wondering if anyone here can help. I could not get any help on
> pgsql-sql nor pgsql-general mailing lists.
> >
> I'm having trouble getting functions with SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION
> ... to parse.
>
> Without nested transactions, you're not going to have any luck I think.
> First of all the extra begin/end in the function are not allowed and
> IIRC, set transaction isolation level must be the first statement of the
> transaction which it won't be since the enclosing transaction will have
> started the select simple_fun().

Hello,

If I understand it correctly the function should then look like this:

CREATE FUNCTION simple_fun() RETURNS INTEGER AS '
SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE
BEGIN
RETURN 1;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

I have loaded that into my database, but I still get an error:

select simple_fun();
NOTICE: plpgsql: ERROR during compile of simple_fun near line 1
ERROR: parse error at or near "SET"

Am I still doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Otis
Get your own FREE email account at iVillage.com!
http://webmail.ivillage.com/