Re: BUG #17116: Assert failed in SerialSetActiveSerXmin() on commit of parallelized serializable transaction

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: BUG #17116: Assert failed in SerialSetActiveSerXmin() on commit of parallelized serializable transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Thomas,

15.01.2022 08:41, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 6:00 AM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As to v4-0001-Fix-assert-failures-in-parallel-SERIALIZABLE-READ.patch
>> you posted before, I believe it fixes the issues as expected and may be
>> committed at least to allow for advanced testing.
> Cool, I'll do that in the next few days.  Need to swap SERIALIZABLE
> back into my neurons after some time away...

I've caught one of asserts we discussed here again (in a different setup)
and would like to continue working on the fixes.
I've rechecked
v4-0001-Fix-assert-failures-in-parallel-SERIALIZABLE-READ.patch
— it's still in a good shape, needs only minor corrections for the
master branch and can be applied as-is to REL_12_STABLE .. REL_15_STABLE.
The modified test serializable-parallel-2 and new test
serializable-parallel-3 still trigger asserts with unpatched predicate.c
and make check-world passes with the complete patch applied.
So if that patch requires attention of a seasoned reviewer, let's
send it to the commitfest (I can register the patch if you don't mind)?
Otherwise, maybe just commit it and move to other bugs...

Best regards,
Alexander
Вложения