Re: performance bottlenecks on lock transactionid

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: performance bottlenecks on lock transactionid
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
王若楠 wrote:
> We used benchmarksql 4.1.0 to test the performance of PG12 beta TPCC.
> We found performance bottlenecks on lock transactionid.

You included an attachment with results from the "pg_locks" view
where "granted" is FALSE for all entries.

I'll assume that these are not *all* the entries in the view, right?

Since the locks are waiting for different transaction IDs, I'd
assume that this is just a case of contention: many transactions are
trying to modify the same rows concurrently.

This is to be expected.
Perhaps your benchmark is running with too many connections on
too few table rows?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe