Re: Dropping training events

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Dropping training events
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 12/6/18 9:57 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 3:25 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org
> <mailto:jkatz@postgresql.org>> wrote:

 1. In "templates/index.html" on line 128, there is still a reference to
>     "training sessions" - given some events (e.g. conferences) have training
>     sessions attached to them, I odn't think it's imperative we remove those
>     words, but wanted to note it in order to solicit feedback.
>

> I did notice that one as well, an considered it something we should leave.

I don't feel strongly either way, I'm ok with leaving it.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval#Approving_Events_and_Event-Related_News_.28excluding_training.29

>     First, we probably have to update the wiki as we have removed the
>     training section (either remove the content or move it to a "Deprecated"
>     section?) which would possibly cause use to update the title for
>     readability purposes. Updating the URL would not break the URL, but it
>     would break the anchor jump.
>

> We should definitely update the page, yes. I don't think we need to
> create a deprecated session -- there is version history on the page
> after all.
>
> TBH, I don't much care about anchor jumps inside the page breaking. As
> long as the main URL doesn't change (which it won't, as you say), it's fine.

I care enough about the jump that I'd fix it after the edits are made,
but would not hold up this patch because of it.

Anyway, +1.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Вложения