Re: [HACKERS] Adding new output parameter of pg_stat_statements toidentify operation of the query.

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Adding new output parameter of pg_stat_statements toidentify operation of the query.
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] Adding new output parameter of pg_stat_statements toidentify operation of the query.  ("Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/19/17 6:34 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
>> We have done the job and are willing to post a patch.
>> I sent one through my work mail, but it seems that my mail didn't reach
>> the maillist, so I try again by using my personal mail account.
> A view for counting the number of executions per operation type is being developed for PostgreSQL 10, which is
expectedto be released this year.

> Would this fit your need?  If not, what's the benefit of getting the operation type via pg_stat_statements?

Something that needs to be considered with doing this in
pg_stat_statement is that a query that's reported there can contain
multiple SQL statements. I don't remember offhand if all statements get
parsed as a whole before anything else happens; if that's the case then
you could potentially have an array in pg_stat_statements indicating
what the command tags are.

Short of that, I'm not sure it would be a good idea to only support a
single tag being visible at a time; it would be certain to induce users
to create code that's going to be buggy as soon as someone starts using
multiple statements.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)