Re: Add trim_trailing_whitespace to editorconfig file

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Add trim_trailing_whitespace to editorconfig file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04.04.24 16:58, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 at 15:25, Peter Eisentraut<peter@eisentraut.org>  wrote:
>> Everybody has git.  Everybody who edits .gitattributes can use git to
>> check what they did.
> What CLI command do you use to fix/ gitattributes on all existing
> files? Afaict there's no command to actually remove the trailing
> whitespace that git add complains about. If you don't have such a
> command, then afaict updating gitattributes is also essentially
> blind-updating.

I don't have a command to fix files automatically, but I have a command
to check them:

     git diff-tree --check $(git hash-object -t tree /dev/null) HEAD

That's what I was hoping for for editorconfig-check, but as I said, the
experience wasn't good.