Re: [HACKERS] Replication/backup defaults

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Replication/backup defaults
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/5/17 2:50 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> Ultimately, the question is whether the number of people running into
> "Hey, I can't take pg_basebackup or setup a standby with the default
> config!" is higher or lower than number of people running into "Hey,
> CREATE TABLE + COPY is slower now!"

I'm betting it's way higher. Loads of folks use Postgres and never do
any kind of ETL.

> That is not to say there are no other cases benefiting from those
> optimizations, but we're talking about the default value - we're not
> removing the wal_level=minimal.

This would be a non-issue if we provided example configs for a few
different workloads. Obviously those would never be optimal either, but
they *would* show users what settings they should immediately look at
changing in their environment.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)