Re: Access a newer Version of PGDB (v13) with an older libpq (v10 x86)

От WR
Тема Re: Access a newer Version of PGDB (v13) with an older libpq (v10 x86)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am 03.05.2021 um 10:41 schrieb Laurenz Albe:
> On Sat, 2021-05-01 at 12:59 +0200, Wolfgang Rißler wrote:
>> Am 30.04.2021 um 16:16 schrieb Tom Lane:
>>> I would recommend trying to use a reasonably late-vintage libpq; we do
>>> fix bugs in it on a regular basis.
>>> The common stumbling block for cross-version situations is that the
>>> client makes assumptions about system catalog contents that are not
>>> valid in some other server release.  libpq proper doesn't really touch
>>> the catalogs, so it's mostly impervious to that problem; but you'll need
>>> to test your applications.
>>
>> Of course we'll do. One thing is, that we load and write bytea's. And as
>> I read, there have been some changes. All other Operations are less
>> problematic.
>
> Version 9.0 changed the default "bytea" output format to hexadecimal.
> If you want the old text output format, set "bytea_output" to "escape".
>
> If you output "bytea"s in binary form, nothing has changed.

This is a useful hint. I did this already in my PG10 <-> libpq10(x86)
testinstallation.

Thank you.

--
May the source be with you

От: Adrien Nayrat
Сообщение: Re: "invalid contrecord" error on replica
От: Hans Buschmann
Сообщение: Huge performance penalty with parallel queries in Windows x64 v. Linux x64