Re: jsonapi type fixups

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: jsonapi type fixups
Дата
Re: jsonapi type fixups
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-06-18 Tu 7:48 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I have this patch series that fixes up the types of the new
> incremental JSON API a bit.  Specifically, it uses "const" throughout
> so that the top-level entry points such as pg_parse_json_incremental()
> can declare their arguments as const char * instead of just char *.
> This just works, it doesn't require any new casting tricks.  In fact,
> it removes a few unconstify() calls.
>
> Also, a few arguments and variables that relate to object sizes should
> be size_t rather than int.  At this point, this mainly makes the API
> better self-documenting.  I don't think it actually works to parse
> larger than 2 GB chunks (not tested).

I think this is mostly OK.

The change at line 1857 of jsonapi.c looks dubious, though. The pointer
variable p looks anything but constant. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

It would also be nice to reword the comment at line 3142 of jsonfuncs.c,
so it can still fit on one line.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: confusing valgrind report about tuplestore+wrapper_handler (?) on 32-bit arm
Сообщение: Re: confusing valgrind report about tuplestore+wrapper_handler (?) on 32-bit arm