Re: 回复:Queries that should be canceled will get stuck on secure_write function

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: 回复:Queries that should be canceled will get stuck on secure_write function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2021/09/22 1:14, 蔡梦娟(玊于) wrote:
> Hi all, I want to know your opinion on this patch, or in what way do you think we should solve this problem?

I agree that something like the patch (i.e., introduction of promotion
from cancel request to terminate one) is necessary for the fix. One concern
on the patch is that the cancel request can be promoted to the terminate one
even when secure_write() doesn't actually get stuck. Is this acceptable?
Maybe I'm tempted to set up the duration until the promotion happens....
Or we should introduce the dedicated timer for communication on the socket?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center