Re: PostGreSQL Replication question !!

От Gregory Wood
Тема Re: PostGreSQL Replication question !!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Doesn't mysql have open source, free replication? If so, it wouldn't hurt
to look at the code :-)

1. MySQL is not under a BSD license, meaning you can't just grab their code
and put it into PostgreSQL.
2. What makes you think that one replication solution for one database would
work with a completely different database? Particularly since they do some
form of binary replication, I would think that's just not an option.
3. I believe the replication projects in the works are far more ambitious
than just copying those features.
4. There is no number 4.

Greg