Re: role of join password in unsubscribing

От Philippe Salama
Тема Re: role of join password in unsubscribing
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

I am a beginner trying to teach myself postgreSQL.  I joined psql-admin and posted some of my beginner’s questions, and was advised that I should be posting here, which makes a lot of sense.

But, when I first joined psql-admin, I neglected to carefully read the e-mail of instructions, regarding the password which I should regain for my records, and which seems essential if I ever want to unsubscribe.

Since I do not frequenly delete e-mails, I was able to page back and find the password I received upon joining psql-admin, and saved it together with the password for psql-novice.

BUT HERE IS MY QUESTION AND CONCERN.  Suppose someone were to lose these passwords, then what would they do to unsubscribe?

I carry about a palm pilot all the time (password protected) which contains all the passwords, forums, and urls, necessary at work.  And I also have a protected Sancor 4 gig memory stick, which holds such info.

But, surely there must be instances where someone subscribes, and later, wishes to unsubscribe, but has lost the password.