SQL syntax error handling within SPI functions in C

От Stuart Morse
Тема SQL syntax error handling within SPI functions in C
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I’ve written a set of functions in C that will ultimately be called from an enterprise java bean. I expected that when calling SPI_exec(sql, 0) it would return an error code if “sql” contained a syntax error. At that point I would be able to return my own (more meaningful) error message based on the error thrown.

Instead an SQLException is thrown, and any error detection and processing code in the SPI function is bypassed. Is this the only error reporting model, or can I trap SQL errors within my functions? I’m using postgreSQL version 7.4.2 on Red Hat Linux version 9 and can’t upgrade at the moment.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Stuart Morse

Optimedia Solutions
1247 Knockan Drive