Re: could not determine encoding for locale "et_EE.UTF-8": codeset is "CPUTF-8" in pg_restore

От Andrus
Тема Re: could not determine encoding for locale "et_EE.UTF-8": codeset is "CPUTF-8" in pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

>Per my previous post, you might try adding something like:
>cmd.exe /c chcp 1257
>to the top of the batch file. This idea came from here:

>https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20794035/postgresql-warning-console-code-page-437-differs-from-windows-code-page-125
>If I am following the error correctly then the issue is that the Postgres
>console programs are using CP755 and that is not something for which there
>is an automatic conversion:
>https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/multibyte.html#id-1.6.10.5.7
>There is a conversion for 1257 clients so having your console run as 1257
>should solve the problem. Someone with more current experience on Windows
>will need to comment on whether that is the viable or best solution.

Both servers have UTF-8 encoding.

Non-unicode code page 755 referes only to command line applications like
psql.

Postgres service, pg_dump and pg_restore do not use console codepages any
way, they operate using only UTF-8 character set since both databases are in
UTF-8

I think console code page warning message is not related to this issue.

Andrus.