RE: speeding up planning with partitions

От Imai, Yoshikazu
Тема RE: speeding up planning with partitions
Дата
RE: speeding up planning with partitions  ("Imai, Yoshikazu" <imai.yoshikazu@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tsunakawa-san,

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 2:04 AM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> Can you compare the performance of auto and force_custom_plan again with
> the attached patch?  It uses PGPROC's LOCALLOCK list instead of the hash
> table.

Thanks for the patch, but it seems to have some problems.
When I executed create/drop/select commands to large partitions, like over than 512 partitions, backend died
unexpectedly.Since I could see the difference of the performance of auto and force_custom_plan when partitions is
large,patch needs to be modified to check whether performance is improved or not.

Thanks
--
Yoshikazu Imai