Re: Question about postgresql.conf memory settings

От Chandra Sekhar Surapaneni
Тема Re: Question about postgresql.conf memory settings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The Documentation is correct. In your case it means 32768 KB. Please
read the postgres documentation for more info.

From Postgres Documentation :
"maintenance_work_mem (integer): Specifies the maximum amount of memory
to be used in maintenance operations, such as VACUUM,
CREATE INDEX, and ALTER TABLE ADD FOREIGN KEY. The value is specified in
kilobytes, and
defaults to 16384 kilobytes (16 MB). Since only one of these operations
can be executed at a time
by a database session, and an installation normally doesn't have very
many of them happening concurrently,
it's safe to set this value significantly larger than work_mem. Larger
settings may improve
performance for vacuuming and for restoring database dumps."

-Chandu