Re: Getting a count from an update

От Chandra Sekhar Surapaneni
Тема Re: Getting a count from an update
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
You can use a trigger to update a different table with the count of
number of rows updated.
If you use the following sql, then every time you update a table called
tablename, the count column in the tabletocountrows will be incremented
for that tablename.

create table tabletocountrows (tablename varchar, count int);

insert into tabletocountrows values ('tablename', 0);

create or replace function countUpdatedRows() returns trigger as
'
Begin
   update tabletocountrows
      set count = count+1 where tablename = TG_RELNAME;
   Return NULL;
End;
' Language plpgsql;

create trigger countRows after update on tablename for each row execute
procedure countUpdatedRows();

Regards,
Chandra Sekhar Surapaneni