ResultSet.updateBinaryStream bug: input stream is null

От Tõnu Põld
Тема ResultSet.updateBinaryStream bug: input stream is null
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I am trying to use updateBinaryStream method, but it gives an error on ResultSet.insertRow statement.
The error message says: Input Stream is null.

So I looked into JDBC driver sources -- to find where this error appears.
I think there is a bug in org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet class.
The line 787 in AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java file is:

 byte[] theData = null;

I think it should be:

 byte[] theData = new byte[length];

After I changed the line and recompiled the classes this error disapeared.

Could someone please fix this error?

Is this list the right place to send BUG reports? Or are there any other BUG databse/list for this?

Regards,
Tõnu Põld