Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Jun 20, 2021, at 8:09 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (a) to define exactly what all
> information is required to be logged on error, (b) where do we want to
> store the information based on requirements.

I'm not sure it has to be stored anywhere durable.  I have a patch in the works to do something like:

create function foreign_key_insert_violation_before() returns conflict_trigger as $$
BEGIN
    RAISE NOTICE 'elevel: %', TG_ELEVEL:
    RAISE NOTICE 'sqlerrcode: %', TG_SQLERRCODE:
    RAISE NOTICE 'message: %', TG_MESSAGE:
    RAISE NOTICE 'detail: %', TG_DETAIL:
    RAISE NOTICE 'detail_log: %', TG_DETAIL_LOG:
    RAISE NOTICE 'hint: %', TG_HINT:
    RAISE NOTICE 'schema: %', TG_SCHEMA_NAME:
    RAISE NOTICE 'table: %', TG_TABLE_NAME:
    RAISE NOTICE 'column: %', TG_COLUMN_NAME:
    RAISE NOTICE 'datatype: %', TG_DATATYPE_NAME:
    RAISE NOTICE 'constraint: %', TG_CONSTRAINT_NAME:

        -- do something useful to prepare for retry of transaction
        -- which raised a foreign key violation
END
$$ language plpgsql;

create function foreign_key_insert_violation_after() returns conflict_trigger as $$
BEGIN
        -- do something useful to cleanup after retry of transaction
        -- which raised a foreign key violation
END
$$ language plpgsql;

create conflict trigger regress_conflict_trigger_insert on regress_conflictsub
   before foreign_key_violation
   when tag in ('INSERT')
   execute procedure foreign_key_insert_violation_before();

create conflict trigger regress_conflict_trigger_insert on regress_conflictsub
   after foreign_key_violation
   when tag in ('INSERT')
   execute procedure foreign_key_insert_violation_after();

The idea is that, for subscriptions that have conflict triggers defined, the apply will be wrapped in a
PG_TRY()/PG_CATCH()block.  If it fails, the ErrorData will be copied in the ConflictTriggerContext, and then the
transactionwill be attempted again, but this time with any BEFORE and AFTER triggers applied.  The triggers could then
returna special result indicating whether the transaction should be permanently skipped, applied, or whatever.  None of
thedata needs to be stored anywhere non-transient, as it just gets handed to the triggers.

I think the other patch is a subset of this functionality, as using this system to create triggers which query a table
containingtransactions to be skipped would be enough to get the functionality you've been discussing.  But this system
couldalso do other things, like modify data.  Admittedly, this is akin to a statement level trigger and not a row level
trigger,so a number of things you might want to do would be hard to do from this.  But perhaps the equivalent of row
leveltriggers could also be written?

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company