Re: casting behavior of oids and relation names

От Vibhor Kumar
Тема Re: casting behavior of oids and relation names
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On May 16, 2012, at 9:20 AM, salah jubeh wrote:

> In some cases when I cast the oid to relation names ('xxxx'::regclass::text)  I get  schemaname.tablename and in some
casesI just get tablename. I thought at the beginning, this is due name duplication of tables in different schemas but
itseems not.  Also, this seems as a schema option because it happen only in certain schemas.  How I can get a
consistentnames of the casting ?

If tablename exists in search_path then it will not show the schemaname. Its normal behavior.
You can create function something like given below for consistent names and can use it:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION pg_get_relname(oid) RETURNS text
as
$$
SELECT n.nspname||'.'|| c.relname as "Name" FROM pg_catalog.pg_class c
     LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_namespace n ON n.oid = c.relnamespace
WHERE c.relkind='r' and c.oid=$1
$$ language sql;

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
Blog: http://vibhork.blogspot.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: casting behavior of oids and relation names
От: "Gauthier, Dave"
Сообщение: maybe incorrect regexp_replace behavior in v8.3.4 ?