Re: performance while importing a very large data set in to database

От Kris Kewley
Тема Re: performance while importing a very large data set in to database
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Does postgres have the concept of "pinning" procs, functions, etc to
cache.

As you mention, typically frequently used statements are cached
improving performance.

If waiting for the DBMS to do this is not an option then pinning
critical ones should improve performance immediately following start up.

This is an approach I have used with oracle to address this situation.

Kris