Re: COPY TO '|gzip > /my/cool/file.gz'

От Vibhor Kumar
Тема Re: COPY TO '|gzip > /my/cool/file.gz'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 20, 2011, at 11:29 PM, <david.sahagian@emc.com> <david.sahagian@emc.com> wrote:

> From May 31, 2006; 12:03pm . . .
>
> "It struck me that we are missing a feature that's fairly common in Unix programs.
> Perhaps COPY ought to have the ability to pipe its output to a shell command,
> or read input from a shell command. "
> Maybe something like:
>        COPY mytable TO '| gzip >/home/tgl/mytable.dump.gz';
>
> Is such a feature (ie being able to tell postgres to write a compressed file via COPY TO) being worked on ?

You can use STDOUT to pipe output to a shell command and STDIN to read input from shell command.
Something like given below:
psql -c "COPY mytable to STDOUT"|gzip >/home/tgl/mytable.dump.gz

cat filename|psql -c "COPY mytable from STDIN;"

OR psql -c "COPY mytable from STDIN;" < filename

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
Blog: http://vibhork.blogspot.com

Сообщение: COPY TO '|gzip > /my/cool/file.gz'