Re: Non-ORM layers over JDBC

От Petite Abeille
Тема Re: Non-ORM layers over JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mar 25, 2008, at 2:01 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Unfortunately the vast majority of the information out there
> approaches
> database with Java from the java-centric rather than database-centric
> angle, making it hard to find out about the sort of tools I'm after.

One approach that works rather well in a database-centric environment
is to entirely abstract the database away as a RPC service (also known
as stored procedure).

Using DatabaseMetaData to automatically process the relevant
CallableStatement make the use of stored procedure very transparent to
the client as the interaction with the database boil down to the
equivalent of a regular method call.

Something along the lines of a lightweight Remote Method Invocation
(RMI), but natively supported by your database (perhaps Remote
Database Invocation aka RDI :)

--
PA.
http://alt.textdrive.com/nanoki/