Re: Upgrading to 9.0 on Mac OS X

От Basil Bourque
Тема Re: Upgrading to 9.0 on Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>>> To be clear about the 2 passwords involved with Postgres on your Mac:
>>>
>>> • The installer asks for your usual Mac admin account password, to get permission for 2 operations: (1) to install
stuffon your computer and (2) to create a special Unix user account named (by default) 'postgres'.

> Yes. What confused me is: The installer seems to change the passsword of an already existing postgres user on that
machineto "". Did i understand that correctly? Should it really do that?

You originally posted that you are upgrading from Postgres 8.4.x to Postgres 9.0.x. I can't speak to that. But I can
say:in upgrading between minor versions of 9.0.x, the 'postgres' user's password definitely does *not* change.

--Basil Bourque

От: Alessandro Candini
Сообщение: Re: Multithreaded query onto 4 postgresql instances
От: Ruben Blanco
Сообщение: Re: Heavy queries not run by user application