Re: Mail an JDBC driver

От KUNES Michael
Тема Re: Mail an JDBC driver
Дата
Re: Mail an JDBC driver
Список pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

we change the schema name by extending the file that we create via pg_dump.

-          we execute pg_dump to dump the schema into a temp-file

-          then we create a new temp file with

o   BEGIN TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE

o   DROP SCHEMA IF EXISTS " + destinationSchemaName + " CASCADE;"

o   ALTER SCHEMA " + sourceSchemaName + " RENAME TO " + destinationSchemaName + ';'

o   append the contents from pg_dump

o   COMMIT;

-          this new temp-file is then restored by spawning psql

At the moment we switched back to the older driver what is 100% fine for our purposes.

And we’re thinking about adapting our SW to

a)      always using fully-qualified requests (including some code-cleanup)

b)      changing the whole dump/restore algorithm to avoid the renaming of the schema (i.e.: dump schema -> adapt dumped file -> restore schema under its new name)

Even if the solution from our side worked fine for some time, I think we can also improve at our side to get rid of this special use case.

We wanted to inform you mostly to give as much info to improve the driver also in the future J

br

  Michael