Re: WIP: default values for function parameters

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: WIP: default values for function parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Dec 12, 2008, at 2:47 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> it's look well, but I still prefer some combination with =
>
> name: = ''
> name: => '''
> :name = ''
> $name => ..
> $name = ..
>
> Maybe I am too conservative

Given that the colon already indicates "This label corresponds to that
value", the other operator characters are redundant. In English, I
write things like this:
 first: go to store second: get eggs

See what I mean? I quite like the colon solution.

Best,

David