Re: turn WAL off.

От Alexander Cohen
Тема Re: turn WAL off.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 04:54:36PM -0400, Alexander Cohen wrote:
>> Is it possible to turn WAL completely off. For good reasons, i dont
>> ever want to use it. How can i turn it off?
>
> You can't. The postgresql team is not in the business of producing
> databases that can't handle a power failure.
>
> Any hints as to what your "good reason" is?

I need a small cluster. Thats the main reason. 30 Mb with no data in it
is pretty large, to me at least. And im not using it in a manner that a
power failure will matter. It used to be possible before 7.1 right? At
least thats what it seems to say. It says something like "... since
7.1, WAL is turned on automatically..."

Alex