Help with tuning slow query

От Kotapati, Anil
Тема Help with tuning slow query
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Hi Team,

We are facing issues with one of our query, when we use order by count it is taking lot of time to execute the query. To be precise it is taking 9 min to execute the query from table which has ~220 million records. Is there a way to make this query run faster and efficiently using order by count. Below is the query which I’m trying to run

Select account_number, sum(count_of_event) as "error_count"

FROM event_daily_summary

group by account_number,event_date,process_name

having event_date >= '2018-05-07'

and process_name='exp90d_xreerror'

order by sum(count_of_event) desc

limit 5000