Re: Getting a sample data set.

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Getting a sample data set.
Дата
Re: Getting a sample data set.
Список pgsql-general
On 18 Jan 2011, at 19:59, James B. Byrne wrote:

> On Tue, January 18, 2011 13:23, Alban Hertroys wrote:
>>

>> Standard SQL alternatives tend to get complex, using self-joins to
>> weed out all the records you don't want (the exact term for such
>> joins escapes me right now, that would help with Googling if you're
>> looking for examples).
>
> Would the term be a grouped self join?

Nope, but some Googling put me on the right track. It's called a correlated subquery.

> I can see the motivation for something like DISTINCT ON.  I take it
> that this syntax is peculiar to PostgreSQL?:

I suppose you meant particular? Yes, definitely. Although I'm sure some would find it peculiar as well :)

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4d35e9d011708045415059!

Сообщение: Re: Need help writing exclusion constraint
Сообщение: Re: Need help writing exclusion constraint