Re: tablespaces a priority for 7.5?

От
Тема Re: tablespaces a priority for 7.5?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It's interesting to know what pg WAL's are:

If they are page level logs, then you theoretically can have a file system
backup - which is fast, reliable, no issues like pg_dump has, i.e. who is
first/last regarding stored procedures/views/triggers, to have users
precreated, etc, etc.

If the are SQL statements which are REPLAYD after pg_dump restore: well, then
file system backup has no chance. The issue is that you are missing index
pages and probably much more.

Regards, Laimis