Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Dec 16, 2021, at 7:43 AM, Joshua Brindle <joshua.brindle@crunchydata.com> wrote:
>
> Ah, I understand now. Would it be possible to pass the
> SettingAclRelationId if it exists or InvalidOid if not?

SettingAclRelationId is always defined, so we can always pass that value.  But the settingId itself may sometimes be
InvalidOid.

> That way if a
> MAC implementation cares about a particular GUC it'll ensure it's in
> pg_setting_acl.

A much cleaner solution would be to create new ObjectAccessTypes with a corresponding new Invoke macro and Run
function. Those could take setting names, not Oids, and include additional information about whether the operation is
SET,RESET or ALTER SYSTEM, what the new value is (if any), what kind of setting it is (bool, int, ...), etc.  I don't
thinksuch a patch would even be all that hard to write.

What do you think?

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company