RE: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations areaccessed in a transaction

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations areaccessed in a transaction
Дата
Re: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations areaccessed in a transaction  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
From: David Rowley [mailto:david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com]
> I went back to the drawing board on this and I've added some code that counts
> the number of times we've seen the table to be oversized and just shrinks
> the table back down on the 1000th time.  6.93% / 1000 is not all that much.

I'm afraid this kind of hidden behavior would appear mysterious to users.  They may wonder "Why is the same query fast
atfirst in the session (5 or 6 times of execution), then gets slower for a while, and gets faster again?  Is there
somethingto tune?  Am I missing something wrong with my app (e.g. how to use prepared statements)?"  So I prefer v5.

> Of course, not all the extra overhead might be from rebuilding the table,
> so here's a test with the updated patch.

Where else does the extra overhead come from?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa