RE: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations areaccessed in a transaction

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations areaccessed in a transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Peter,

From: Peter Eisentraut [mailto:peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com]
> I did a bit of performance testing, both a plain pgbench and the
> suggested test case with 4096 partitions.  I can't detect any
> performance improvements.  In fact, within the noise, it tends to be
> just a bit on the slower side.
>
> So I'd like to kick it back to the patch submitter now and ask for more
> justification and performance analysis.
>
> Perhaps "speeding up planning with partitions" needs to be accepted first?

David kindly showed how to demonstrate the performance improvement on March 26, so I changed the status to needs
review. I'd appreciate it if you could continue the final check.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Сообщение: Re: Refactoring the checkpointer's fsync request queue
Сообщение: Re: Refactoring the checkpointer's fsync request queue