RE: Timeout parameters

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: Timeout parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Robert Haas [mailto:robertmhaas@gmail.com]
> I don't think so.  I think it's just a weirdly-design parameter
> without a really compelling use case.  Enforcing limits on the value
> of the parameter doesn't fix that.  Most of the reviewers who have
> opined so far have been somewhere between cautious and negative about
> the value of that parameter, so I think we should just not add it.  At
> least for now.

I don't think socket_timeout is so bad.  I think Nagaura-san and I presented the use case, giving an answer to every
questionand concern.  OTOH, it may be better to commit the tcp_user_timeout patch when Nagaura-san has refined the
documentation,and then continue socket_timeout.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa