RE: Timeout parameters

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: Timeout parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Robert Haas [mailto:robertmhaas@gmail.com]
> One other thing -- I looked a bit into the pgsql-jdbc implementation
> of a similarly-named option, and it does seem to match what you are
> proposing here.  I wonder what user experiences with that option have
> been like.

One case I faintly recall is that some SQL execution got stuck in NFS access in the server, and statement_timeout
didn'twork (probably due to inability to cancel NFS read/write operations).  The user chose to use PgJDBC's
socketTimeout. I'm not sure whether this use case is fundamental, because I wonder if NFS mount options could have been
thesolution.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa