RE: Timeout parameters

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: Timeout parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Nagaura, Ryohei [mailto:nagaura.ryohei@jp.fujitsu.com]
> BTW, tcp_user_timeout parameter of servers and clients have same name in
> my current implementation.
> I think it would be better different name rather than same name.
> I'll name them as the following a) or b):
>     a) server_tcp_user_timeout and client_tcp_user_timeout
>     b) tcp_user_timeout and user_timeout
> b) is the same as the naming convention of keepalive, but it is not
> user-friendly.
> Do you come up with better name?
> Or opinion?

a) is not always accurate, because libpq is also used in the server.  For example, postgres_fdw and WAL receiver in
streamingreplication.

I'm OK with either the current naming or b).  Frankly, I felt a bit strange when I first saw the keepalive parameters,
wonderingwhy the same names were not chosen.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa