RE: 2019-03 CF Summary / Review - Tranche #2

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: 2019-03 CF Summary / Review - Tranche #2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Andres Freund [mailto:andres@anarazel.de]
> - Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries
>
>   WOA: I think unless the feature is drastically scaled down in scope,
>   there's no chance to get anything into v12.
>
>   Andres: punt to v13, unless a smaller chunk can be split off

At a glance, the patch set looks big divided in 5 patch files, but the actual size may get much smaller by merging
thosefiles and excluding 004 (statistics views).  I'm reviewing this.  I wish this could not be given up yet...

> - Speed up planning with partitions
>
>   NR: Important feature, but based on a skim of the discussion this
>   doesn't seem ready for v12.
>
>   Andres: punt to v13

> - Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations are
>   accessed in a transaction
>
>   NR: This has only been submitted 2019-02-12. While not a really
>   complicated patch, it's also not trivial. Therefore I'd say this falls
>   under our policy of not merging nontrivial patches first submitted to
>   the last CF.
>
>   Andres: punt to v13

I hope these will be continued in PG 12, because these will make PostgreSQL comparable to a commercial database in OLTP
workloads. I'd like to hear from Amit and David on the feasibility.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa