RE: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI [mailto:horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp]
> I'm at a loss how call syscache for users. I think it is "catalog
> cache". The most basic component is called catcache, which is
> covered by the syscache layer, both of then are not revealed to
> users, and it is shown to user as "catalog cache".
>
> "catalog_cache_prune_min_age", "catalog_cache_memory_target", (if
> exists) "catalog_cache_entry_limit" and
> "catalog_cache_prune_ratio" make sense?

PostgreSQL documentation uses "system catalog" in its table of contents, so syscat_cache_xxx would be a bit more
familiar? I'm for either catalog_ and syscat_, but what name shall we use for the relation cache?  catcache and
relcachehave different element sizes and possibly different usage patterns, so they may as well have different
parametersjust like MySQL does.  If we follow that idea, then the name would be relation_cache_xxx.  However, from the
user'sviewpoint, the relation cache is also created from the system catalog like pg_class and pg_attribute...

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa