RE: Statement-level rollback

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: Statement-level rollback
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Andres Freund [mailto:andres@anarazel.de]
> Isn't the realistic scenario for migrations that people will turn this
> feature on on a more global basis? If they need to do per transaction choices,
> that makes this much less useful for easy migrations.

Agreed.  My approach of per transaction choice may be overkill.  Actually, I didn't think per-transaction change was
reallynecessary in practice.  But I didn't think of any reason to prohibit per transaction change, so I just wanted to
allowflexibility.

I think per database/user change (ALTER DATABASE/USER) can be useful, in cases where applications are migrated from
otherDBMSs to a PostgreSQL instance.  That is, database consolidation for easier data analytics and database
management. One database/schema holds data for a PostgreSQL application, and another one stores data for a migrated
application.

Or, should we recommend a separate PostgreSQL instance on a different VM or container, and just introduce the parameter
onlyin postgresql.conf?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Сообщение: RE: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)