RE: Bulk Insert into PostgreSQL

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: Bulk Insert into PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Srinivas Karthik V [mailto:skarthikv.iitb@gmail.com]
> I was using copy command to load. Removing the primary key constraint on
> the table and then loading it helps a lot. In fact, a 400GB table was loaded
> and the primary constraint was added in around 15 hours.  Thanks for the
> wonderful suggestions.

400 GB / 15 hours = 7.6 MB/s

That looks too slow.  I experienced a similar slowness.  While our user tried to INSERT (not COPY) a billion record,
theyreported INSERTs slowed down by 10 times or so after inserting about 500 million records.  Periodic pstack runs on
Linuxshowed that the backend was busy in btree operations.  I didn't pursue the cause due to other businesses, but
theremight be something to be improved.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa