RE: Speed up the removal of WAL files

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: Speed up the removal of WAL files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Michael Paquier [mailto:michael@paquier.xyz]
It seems to me that you would reintroduce partially the problems that
> 1d4a0ab1 has fixed.  In short, if a crash happens in the code paths calling
> RemoveXlogFile with durable = false before fsync'ing pg_wal, then a rename
> has no guarantee to be durable, so you could finish again with a file that
> as an old name, but new contents.  A crucial thing which matters for a rename

Hmm, you're right.  Even during recovery, RemoveOldXlogFiles() can't skip fsyncing pg_wal/ because new WAL records
streamedfrom the master are written to recycled WAL files.

After all, it seems to me that we have to stand with the current patch which only handles RemoveNonParentXlogFiles().

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa