Re: [HACKERS] How can I find a specific collation in pg_collationwhen using ICU?

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: [HACKERS] How can I find a specific collation in pg_collationwhen using ICU?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Peter Eisentraut
> There are no case-insensitive collations in PostgreSQL (yet).

That's sad news, as I expected ICU to bring its various collation features to PostgreSQL.  I hope it will be easy to
addthem.

From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Peter Geoghegan
> This is not an answer to the question you asked, but it may interest you
> to know that ICU uses JIS X 4061 for Japanese, unlike Glibc. This will give
> more useful results when sorting Japanese.
>
> The best explanation of the difference that I can understand is here, under
> "Why do CJK strings sort incorrectly in Unicode?":
>
> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/faqs-cjk.html

Thanks a lot.  MysQL seems to have many collations, doesn't it?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Log LDAP "diagnostic messages"?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Log LDAP "diagnostic messages"?